Thursday, June 27, 2013

Summer Morning...

In the summer months, later nights up playing mean that my kids sleep in a little later.  This means that I get some quiet time outside with my cup of coffee, to listen to the birds and enjoy the start of the day.  At 6:45 this morning, the temp was already heading towards 80 degrees (we may have hit 100 degrees today for the high) and the air was heavy.  Is it possible to photograph humidity? 








High up in this oak, there was a little woodpecker going about his business, looking for breakfast.  I  like to search for one of the pileated woodpeckers that calls our little woods home.  There is always quite an assortment of other birds to be seen and heard, though.  Just a few weeks ago the hummingbirds were so plentiful that we felt we had to dodge them each time we went out the front door.  Now, though, they aren't out as much... I don't know if it is the heat, or if they have just moved on.  



No comments:

Post a Comment