Monday, June 17, 2013

Catching Crawdads...





A couple of weeks ago, my husband, son, daughter, and me traipsed down to a little creek close to our house to see if we could catch some crawdads.  Now, mind you, none of us had much experience in crawdad-catching.  Turns out, they are fun little things to catch.  We had such a great time, and being in such a beautiful place certainly didn't dampen our spirits. 

I love doing things like this with my children.  These opportunities to get outside, right in the middle of nature, and get some hands-on experience with animals and their habitats... there is nothing like it for igniting that spark in my kids.  We leave with a million questions, and usually head straight for our little library, or better yet, get online and begin researching. I love the Missouri Department of Conservation website.  It is a wonderful resource for identifying and learning about our local plants and animals. 





Here are a couple more photos of another weekend adventure.  Our first family camp out in 2013!  It happened to be in our yard, but it was a lot of fun nonetheless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment