Thursday, June 27, 2013

In the Garden (June 27, 2013)...



First Tomatoes of the 2013 Summer
These are the first tomatoes off the plants this summer.  Please take note, the largest is about the same diameter as a quarter.  Tiny, but beautiful.  I also picked one nice banana pepper, and one good sized jalapeno pepper. 

Green Beans

Dill Flowers

Zucchini Bloom





Banana Pepper

Green Tomato
 I have been watering daily.  It has been very hot, with no rain for well over a week now.  Almost every one of my 50 tomato plants has at least one green tomato on it.  They are looking so promising, that I am out there several times a day checking for any sign of bug, disease, or any pest of any kind.  I say a little prayer with each visit...


Needless to say, I have a little work to do in the weed control department...

No comments:

Post a Comment